YMCA utilizes volunteer coaches to focus on participation and fun! While basic skills of the game are developed through practices and games, every child learns sportsmanship and values necessary to be successful in life. Every game begins with a Youth Sports Pledge and ends with a handshake.
The YMCA Youth Sports Program helps kids become not only become better players, but better people as well. It’s a progressive program, with multiple age-specific levels. Every child gets to play and the games are safe, exciting and fun. We encourage fair play, positive competition, and family involvement.
SIGN UP BELOW WITH YOUR DIVISION!
REGISTRATION: SEPTEMBER 15th- OCTOBER 20th
Register below or at any YMCA location!
AGE AS OF JULY 31, 2017
DATES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
SEASON BEGINS DECEMBER 1st and runs through late February (plus playoffs)
8 games guaranteed- plus playoffs if team qualifies.
Awards for 1st and 2nd place in Championship.
Teams up to 10 players.
- September 26th: 1st Coaches Meeting – MANDATORY – 6:00pm- Memorial Hall, Downtown YMCA
- October 17th: 2nd Coaches Meeting – MANDATORY – 6:00pm- Memorial Hall, Downtown YMCA: Practice times and locations announced.
- October 23rd: ALL PAPERWORK DUE
- October 25th: Player Pool assignments will be confirmed.
- November 17th: TEAM FEES DUE- Your first game will be forfeited if team fees are not paid.
- November 28th: Scorekeepers Meeting- MANDATORY ALL DIVISIONS- 6:00pm- Memorial Hall, Downtown YMCA
SCHEDULES & STANDINGS:
Youth Basketball General Information
We Offer Boys & Girls Leagues.
Teams Will Be Made Up Of 10 Players, Every Player Plays In Every Game.
Instructional games are played and the Family YMCA and some at the Downtown YMCA.
Passers will play at the Family YMCA.
Dribblers & Shooters will play at any of our 4 YMCA’s.
Player Pool – for those who don’t have a team at their school or in their area, or present teams are full.
Participation in organized sports provides children with many opportunities to develop motor skills. But, the benefits of youth sports are far greater than physical health. Self-confidence, good sportsmanship and teamwork helps build the whole child, from the inside out. At the Y we help your son/daughter grow in spirit, mind, and body!
Fall Youth Basketball League
For more information call (940) 322-7816