YMCA utilizes volunteer coaches to focus on participation and fun! While basic skills of the game are developed through practices and games, every child learns sportsmanship and values necessary to be successful in life. Every game begins with a Youth Sports Pledge and ends with a handshake.
The YMCA Youth Sports Program helps kids become not only become better players, but better people as well. It’s a progressive program, with multiple age-specific levels. Every child gets to play and the games are safe, exciting and fun. We encourage fair play, positive competition, and family involvement.
Winter Basketball League
September 1st – October 20th
- 2nd Mandatory Coaches Meeting: October 15th- Downtown YMCA 6:30pm
- ALL paperwork due for teams and coaches: October 20th
- Play pool assignments confirmed by October 29th
- Practices begin November 5th
- Scorekeepers meeting and Team Fees due – November 26th, 6:00pm at the Downtown YMCA
December 3rd – 20th
- Christmas break – There will be no games December 21st – January 4th
- Games resume January 5th – “Late February”
- Championships will be ASAP after regular seasons commence.
HEAD COACHES ONLY!
AGE DIVISIONS AND SIGN UP
- Instructional (Ages 5&6)- SIGN UP HERE
- Passers (Ages 7&8)- SIGN UP HERE
- Dribblers (Ages 9&10)- SIGN UP HERE
- Shooters (Ages 11&12)- SIGN UP HERE
Youth Basketball General Information
We Offer Boys & Girls Leagues.
Teams Will Be Made Up Of 10 Players, Every Player Plays In Every Game.
Instructional games are played and the Family YMCA and some at the Downtown YMCA.
Passers will play at the Family YMCA.
Dribblers & Shooters will play at any of our 4 YMCA’s.
Player Pool – for those who don’t have a team at their school or in their area, or present teams are full.
Participation in organized sports provides children with many opportunities to develop motor skills. But, the benefits of youth sports are far greater than physical health. Self-confidence, good sportsmanship and teamwork helps build the whole child, from the inside out. At the Y we help your son/daughter grow in spirit, mind, and body!
Fall Youth Basketball League
For more information call (940) 322-7816