Active Older Adults
SilverSneakers® and Silver & Fit Active Older Adult Program
CLASS DAYS AND TIMES:
BARTLEY FAMILY Y:
- Monday – Friday: 11:00am-11:50am
CLASS PRICES: Classes are FREE if you have one of the following insurance companies, keep in mind they’re more companies on our list!
- AARP Medicare Supplement
- Bravo/HealthSpring Advantage Plan
- Care N’Case Advantage Plan
- Coventry Advantage Plans
- Humana Advantage Plans
- United Healthcare Advantage Plans
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Prime)
If you would like to double check to see if your insurance is eligible, please call the Bartley Family Y at 940-761-1000.
All Other Participants:
If you attend Class:
- 5 days is $20
Get fit, have fun, make friends!
SilverSneakers® Fitness Program for Active Older Adults
What can regular exercise do for you?
- Reduce your risk of heart disease by up to 50%.
- Double your muscle strength in 3 to 4 months.
- Reduce your risk for diabetes by as much as 75% if you are 60 or older.
- What does SilverSneakers ® give you?
- A free basic membership to the YMCA.
- Custom designed SilverSneakers® classes taught by certified instructors.
- A Senior Advisor to help you along the way.
- Access to all of our facilities amenities as well as non-silver sneaker class! We have over 60 plus group fitness classes on our schedule.
SilverSneakers® – Muscular Strength & Range of Movement
Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball are offered for resistance, and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
SilverSneakers® – Yoga Stretch
YogaStretch is taught from a seated and standing position to enhance the flow and energy created in combination with restorative breathing exercises. The class offers a variety of safe and effective options designed to increase flexibility and balance to improve each individual’s sense of well being.