The Wichita Falls YMCA is a not-for-profit social services organization committed to helping people grow in spirit, mind and body. YMCA’s are here to serve people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. The Y is community-based and believes that its programs and services should be available to everyone. That’s why the YMCA offers an OPEN DOORS program. OPEN DOORS is a sliding fee scale that is designed to fit each individual’s financial situation.
The Wichita Falls YMCA requires that individuals provide the requested information on the attached form regarding income, family size and necessary expenses so that it can provide financial assistance in a fair and consistent manner. The YMCA also requires that individuals reapply when requested to keep the information on their application updated.
How to Apply:
1. Applications are available at the Member Service Counter at any branch of the Wichita Falls YMCA and may be requested during normal business hours.
2. Applicants must completely fill out the attached Open Doors Application.
3. Applicants are required to provide proof of income. Required documentation is listed on the Open Doors Application. Requests for assistance cannot be processed without the required information.
4. ALL sources of family income should be reported.
5. If applying for a family membership, only those individuals who can be claimed on the applicant’s federal income tax return may be included in the membership.
6. Financial Assistance for memberships will be given for no longer than a 12 month period. If an individual requires financial assistance to continue the membership beyond that time, a new Open Doors Application and updated verification of income must be submitted. Your fees are subject to increase when you reapply.
♦ Copy of last year’s tax return
♦ Copy of last two pay stubs
♦ (or) Copy of social security or disability checks (or copy of bank statement showing amount of automatic monthly deposit).
♦ Proof of public assistance is applicable (i.e. Medicaid, Food Stamps, TANF, SSI).
♦ Proof of any other income.
Please allow 14 days to process your application. A letter will be mailed to you are the address you provided on the application. If you have not received your letter after the 14 day period, you may call the YMCA to see if your application has been approved or if you need to submit additional information.
All YMCA members receive the same membership benefits, regardless of whether or not they are receiving assistance. YMCA members can feel great knowing that they are involved in an organization that cares greatly for the health and well-being of people and is committed to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities.