The Wichita Falls YMCA first opened its doors in 1944 in the middle of a strip of downtown businesses. The organization grew quickly and the historic four-story building that sits at the corner of 9th and Austin was built in 1948. For many decades the top two floors offered safe, affordable housing to tenants. Currently the building serves as home to corporate offices along with a complete workout facility and indoor swimming pool.
The Bill Bartley Family YMCA was constructed in 1982 to accommodate the vastly growing membership base. This facility serves members through a weight room, cardio room, fitness program room, indoor track, full gymnasium, racquetball courts, spin room, and outdoor swimming pool. It also is home to many programs such as gymnastics.
The Child Care Branch rounds out the three local YMCA Branches. It is primarily housed in a building on Airport Drive that was purchased and renovated in 2002. The YMCA is the largest child care provider in the city of Wichita Falls, serving approximately 400 children per day.